Sunday, May 17, 2009

Peachtree International Triathlon

Can you swim 1 mile in a lake, bike 30 miles, and then run 6 miles all in less than 3 hours? I sure can't, but for the 446 participants on Saturday-that was the goal. Ranging in ages 19-69, guys and gals braved the 73 degree water, the monster hills, and tunnels that smelled like roadkill for the coveted title of "Triathlete." I am proud to call the triathlon winner my Uncle Mike, and the 20th place finisher my little brother (top in his age group and his first tri since he was 8). In an effort to continue learning all I can about sport photography, I brought my gear with me. While the pictures are here for you to see, you cannot truly understand the amount of energy, excitement, and adrenaline the day held. If you are interested in seeing a Triathlon first hand...check out the Rock N Roll Triathlon on May 30th at Lake Tobesofkee. Visit the website for more details. Uncle Mike will be competing in this one too! Now...on to the photos!








No comments: