Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Busy Saturday!

Last Saturday, I spent the better part of the day shooting people with Danielle :-) I love telling people that....I shoot people!

Anyways, we kicked off the morning with a maternity shoot/family photos. The mommy had the cutest and perkiest pregnant belly I have ever seen! Danielle had lots of ideas she wanted to try for the big belly, and is hoping to get into the maternity realm more. I learned lots about the use of backdrops and draping people during that shoot.


After that, we fell right into a shoot with the cutest little boy, Parker! He was such a good baby, and is beautiful. His big brother got in on the photo action, but liked making the bear/lion faces more than nice ones. I think some of the best pictures from that shoot came after Parker fell asleep and was half-awake! During this shoot, I think I mostly learned that even the goofiest of faces can turn out super-sweet pictures.

After about an hour of down time at home, we went back behind the cameras for a wedding at Bartram Forest! I did not know what to expect for this wedding, but it was the epitome of beauty out of the ordinary! Key & Belinda were a loving couple who focused more on the actual marriage and celebration than all the tiny details so many brides fuss over for months. It was definitely a relaxed wedding, no big white dress or matching tuxedos, the officiant was also the lead singer of the band, just good family fun! During this shoot, I learned a TON! Danielle helped me figure out setting my white balance (I am tired of yellow pictures), and then I figured out my flash and the best positions for it to point.

I can't wait to post pictures from all three shoots-probably after my honeymoon!

No comments: